I was first inspired by the book page wreath done by The Nester. I loved what a statement the wreath made hanging on the wall. I was even more inspired by the fact it was made with book pages!
Here are the supplies I used:
Old Book - I used a copy of Wuthering Heights I found at Goodwill
Foam Wreath Base
Silver acrylic paint (for distressing the edges of the book pages)
First, I dry brushed the acrylic paint on to the edges of the book and let it dry.
Next, I tore the pages out one at a time and twisted/scrunched them and attached each page to the wreath core with a straight pin. I didn't really have a "method" for this part, just sort of folded the page and then attached them. Some of them I used more than one pin.
I started at the outer edge, and worked my way in toward the center. It got a little tricky as the wreath got more full. This is progress about halfway done.
Here's the final product, hung on the living room wall. I love how full to turned out. It really did add some dimension to a once empty and flat space.
In all, the project took around 2 hours. If I make another, I think I might roll the pages, but I also really like this look as well.